Promoting the benefits and use of forest and wood products, in accord with changing community attitudes, environmental awareness and market trends.Discover More
News & Media
On behalf of its members and stakeholders, FWPA supports and manages a wide range of activities through five strategic programs. Here you’ll find the latest news, updates and links to online resources.View All
From stakeholder engagement to industry promotion, events are a vital and valuable communication channel. If you have an industry-related event that you would like listed here, please contact us.View All
Communicating and disseminating the results of research and development projects enables industry to make more informed decisions and adopt best practices.View All
- Resource Characterization of slash pine plantation wood quality
- Accounting for biodiversity in Life Cycle Impact Assessments of forestry...
- Adaptation strategies to manage risk in Australia’s plantations
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Three Selected FWPA
- Predictive relationships to assist fertiliser use decision-making in euc...
- Attendance Report from United Nations Climate Change Conference Warsaw 2...
- Utility of molecular breeding in forestry
- Analysis of long term productivity and productive capacity of a radiata ...
- Water Use Efficiency, Access To Water Resources And Balanced Policy Outc...
- Improving Wood Quality And Yield, And Tools For Forest Management
R&DWorks webinars are invaluable opportunities to catch up with the latest research results and best practice processes. On this page you’ll find links to recorded presentations.View All
On Wednesday 14th October 2014 at 11:00am – 12 noon AEST Jacqui Bonnitcha (Edge Environment) presented: EPDs: do your products need them?
This webinar will provide FWPA members with information on the Market Opportunities For Industry- Wide And Company Specific Environmental Product Declarations (Epds) with particular reference to the GBCA Green Star 2014 Design and As Built Tool.
Key points that will be covered include:
- Moving from Life Cycle Inventory data to Life Cycle Assessments and EPDs
- EPD standards including the difference between industry wide and company specific EPDs
- EPDs as the basis for whole of building LCA
- EPDs in green star and case study examples
- Examples of EPDs being used for product selection and future trends
Presented by Jacqui Bonnitcha Principal Consultant at Edge Environment. Jacqui is jointly delivering a series of Life Cycle Assessment trainings in partnership with the GBCA. She has a Master of the Built Environment (Sustainable Development).
On Wednesday 1st October 2014 at 11:00am – 12 noon AEST Ben Mitchell (The Australian Goverment Deparment of Agriculture) will present: The Australian Government’s Illegal Logging Laws – New Due Diligence Requirements for Importers and Processors
This webinar will be delivered by Mr Ben Mitchell, Director of the International Forest Policy Section in the Australian Government Department of Agriculture.
The Department is responsible for the development and implementation of policies and programs that will ensure Australia’s agricultural, fisheries, food and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable.
The webinar will outline the Australian Government’s illegal logging laws, with a particular focus on the new due diligence requirements that will come into effect on 30 November 2014.
It will outline why the laws have been implemented, what is expected of importers of timber products and processors of domestically grown raw logs under the new requirements, potential tools for satisfying these requirements and where businesses can go for further information.
Additional time will also be provided at the end of the presentation to allow participants to ask follow up questions about the laws.
Registrations for this webinar will be limited to a maximum of 100 participants. The presentation will be recorded and available for general download from www.fwpa.com.au shortly after the event.
In order to view the webinar, participants will require access to BOTH a phone line for the audio stream as well as a web browser to view the accompanying PowerPoint presentation.Read More
FWPA publishes two industry newsletters, R&DWorks and ForWood. In addition, the WoodSolutions newsletter addresses architects, building designers, engineers and others who are involved in specifying the choice of building materials.