Promoting the benefits and use of forest and wood products, in accord with changing community attitudes, environmental awareness and market trends.Discover More
News & Media
On behalf of its members and stakeholders, FWPA supports and manages a wide range of activities through five strategic programs. Here you’ll find the latest news, updates and links to online resources.View All
From stakeholder engagement to industry promotion, events are a vital and valuable communication channel. If you have an industry-related event that you would like listed here, please contact us.View All
- NSW Residential Timber Framing and Flooring Seminar
- Jam Factory - WOOD art design architecture
- Australian Timber Design Awards Dinner
- Wood Innovations 2014: AGM
- Wood Innovations 2014: Timber Preservation - Wood Modification - Composi...
- FSC Friday
- XX1V World Forestry Conference 5 - 11 October 2014, Salt Lake City, USA
- Timber Processing & Energy EXPO 14 & 15 October 2014, Portland, OR, USA
Communicating and disseminating the results of research and development projects enables industry to make more informed decisions and adopt best practices.View All
- Accounting for biodiversity in Life Cycle Impact Assessments of forestry...
- Adaptation strategies to manage risk in Australia’s plantations
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Three Selected FWPA
- Predictive relationships to assist fertiliser use decision-making in euc...
- Attendance Report from United Nations Climate Change Conference Warsaw 2...
- Utility of molecular breeding in forestry
- Analysis of long term productivity and productive capacity of a radiata ...
- Water Use Efficiency, Access To Water Resources And Balanced Policy Outc...
- Improving Wood Quality And Yield, And Tools For Forest Management
- Extension of the Concession which Allows Timber Framed Construction in C...
R&DWorks webinars are invaluable opportunities to catch up with the latest research results and best practice processes. On this page you’ll find links to recorded presentations.View All
There are there important steps when laying a solid timber floor.
- Know your products
- Know your installation environment
- Lay accordingly
It sounds simple but for those who don’t understand this, things can go terribly wrong.
During this webinar we will take you through the WoodSolutions, Timber Flooring – Design guide for installation. Understand this and you are on the road to consistently successful floor installations. This design guide is also to be updated so you will also hear of some the upcoming changes.
David Hayward is an engineer who has worked in the timber and timber flooring industries for more than 25 years. As technical manager for the Australian Timber Flooring Association, David is involved with research work, training and promotion of sound flooring practice through the development of various technical publications.
David also assists manufacturers with quality assurance and sits on the Australian Standards Committees that deal with the manufacture of solid timber flooring.
He is frequently called upon to inspect and report on flooring performance issues which at times has taken him throughout Australia and overseas.
David is valued throughout the industry for his knowledge in timber flooring and his willingness to share this with others.
Tuesday 5th August 11:30-1:30
Presented by Libby Pinkard, Jody Bruce, David Drew and Stuart Matthews
Recent decades have seen an increase in the incidence and severity of droughts, catastrophic fires, heatwaves and intense storms, as well as a trend towards warmer mean temperatures and reduced precipitation over much of the temperate plantation estate. Such changes in climate also affect pest distribution and abundance, and fire hazard.
The objective of this project was to provide plantation managers with tools for assessing the risks and impacts of climate variability, on productivity and wood properties, and for making decisions about cost-effective management options to moderate the effects of climatic variability and change.
The key elements to the project will be presented via a series of half –hour presentations with opportunities for discussion provided.
11.30 Introduction to the project (Libby Pinkard)
11.45 Climate change impacts on stand production and survival, and adaptation strategies to build resilience (Jody Bruce)
(Joint presentation with intro)
12.15 Climate change impacts on wood properties (David Drew)
12.35 Fire hazard and climate change adaptation strategies (Stuart Matthews)
12.55 Pest hazard and climate change and adaptation strategies (Libby Pinkard)
13.15 DiscussionRead More
FWPA publishes two industry newsletters, R&DWorks and ForWood. In addition, the WoodSolutions newsletter addresses architects, building designers, engineers and others who are involved in specifying the choice of building materials.