Promoting the benefits and use of forest and wood products, in accord with changing community attitudes, environmental awareness and market trends.Discover More
News & Media
On behalf of its members and stakeholders, FWPA supports and manages a wide range of activities through five strategic programs. Here you’ll find the latest news, updates and links to online resources.View All
From stakeholder engagement to industry promotion, events are a vital and valuable communication channel. If you have an industry-related event that you would like listed here, please contact us.View All
- XX1V World Forestry Conference 5 - 11 October 2014, Salt Lake City, USA
- Timber Processing & Energy EXPO 14 & 15 October 2014, Portland, OR, USA
- APPITA Fibre Value Chain Conference & Expo 2014 15 - 17 October 2014, Ro...
- Chile Wood Expo - Sydney, Australia
- Grand Design Live Exhibition
- Australian Forest Growers 2014 Biennial Conference
- AIQS: Infinite Value Awards Gala Dinner
- Grand Design Live Exhibition - Sydney
Communicating and disseminating the results of research and development projects enables industry to make more informed decisions and adopt best practices.View All
- Resource Characterization of slash pine plantation wood quality
- Accounting for biodiversity in Life Cycle Impact Assessments of forestry...
- Adaptation strategies to manage risk in Australia’s plantations
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Three Selected FWPA
- Predictive relationships to assist fertiliser use decision-making in euc...
- Attendance Report from United Nations Climate Change Conference Warsaw 2...
- Utility of molecular breeding in forestry
- Analysis of long term productivity and productive capacity of a radiata ...
- Water Use Efficiency, Access To Water Resources And Balanced Policy Outc...
- Improving Wood Quality And Yield, And Tools For Forest Management
R&DWorks webinars are invaluable opportunities to catch up with the latest research results and best practice processes. On this page you’ll find links to recorded presentations.View All
This FWPA funded project represents collaboration between several forest growers across southern Australia and focussed on developing practical methods for identifying plantations more likely to show significant growth responses to fertiliser.
Chris Szota is a plant ecophysiologist, with experience in studying nutrient uptake mechanisms and drought tolerance at restored mine-sites and eucalypt plantations.
Chris worked as a Silvicultural Research Forester in Albany, WA from 2006 to 2010 and now works as a Research Fellow at the University of Melbourne.
Chris’ current role involves projects focussed on using vegetated systems to reduce the volume of polluted stormwater generated by urban areas; specifically green roofs, biofiltration systems and street tree systems.
View Webinar recording
There are there important steps when laying a solid timber floor.
- Know your products
- Know your installation environment
- Lay accordingly
It sounds simple but for those who don’t understand this, things can go terribly wrong.
During this webinar we will take you through the WoodSolutions, Timber Flooring – Design guide for installation. Understand this and you are on the road to consistently successful floor installations. This design guide is also to be updated so you will also hear of some the upcoming changes.
David Hayward is an engineer who has worked in the timber and timber flooring industries for more than 25 years. As technical manager for the Australian Timber Flooring Association, David is involved with research work, training and promotion of sound flooring practice through the development of various technical publications.
David also assists manufacturers with quality assurance and sits on the Australian Standards Committees that deal with the manufacture of solid timber flooring.
He is frequently called upon to inspect and report on flooring performance issues which at times has taken him throughout Australia and overseas.
David is valued throughout the industry for his knowledge in timber flooring and his willingness to share this with others.
FWPA publishes two industry newsletters, R&DWorks and ForWood. In addition, the WoodSolutions newsletter addresses architects, building designers, engineers and others who are involved in specifying the choice of building materials.