Promoting the benefits and use of forest and wood products, in accord with changing community attitudes, environmental awareness and market trends.Discover More
News & Media
On behalf of its members and stakeholders, FWPA supports and manages a wide range of activities through five strategic programs. Here you’ll find the latest news, updates and links to online resources.View All
- Presentations from Senior Growers Meeting - 24th Feb 2015
- Expression of Interest - Advisory and Reference Groups
- WoodSolutions launches ‘Ask an Expert’ phone service
- National Carpenters Day celebrates 5th birthday with the Carpenter and A...
- Serena Giudice named WoodSolutions National Young Builder of the Year.
From stakeholder engagement to industry promotion, events are a vital and valuable communication channel. If you have an industry-related event that you would like listed here, please contact us.View All
Communicating and disseminating the results of research and development projects enables industry to make more informed decisions and adopt best practices.View All
- Operational deployment of LiDAR derived information into softwood resour...
- Establishing the comparative durability of African mahogany (Khaya seneg...
- Resource Characterization of slash pine plantation wood quality
- Accounting for biodiversity in Life Cycle Impact Assessments of forestry...
- Adaptation strategies to manage risk in Australia’s plantations
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Three Selected FWPA
- Predictive relationships to assist fertiliser use decision-making in euc...
- Attendance Report from United Nations Climate Change Conference Warsaw 2...
- Utility of molecular breeding in forestry
- Analysis of long term productivity and productive capacity of a radiata ...
R&DWorks webinars are invaluable opportunities to catch up with the latest research results and best practice processes. On this page you’ll find links to recorded presentations.View All
Wednesday 11th March, 11 am - 12 noon AEDT
Presented by: Christine Stone, DPI NSW
Dr Christine Stone is the Leader of the Forest Science Unit within the NSW Department of Primary Industries and is a Principal Research Scientist. She has been involved in commercial forestry related research for more than 25 years, working in... Read More
Wednesday 25th February 11 am - 12 noon AEDT
Presented by: David Bylund, University of Western Australia
David is a registered Architect in Western Australia. He has a PhD from UWA where he investigated the Swedish and Australian Timber Construction Sectors and developed a nail laminated timber ... Read More
FWPA publishes two industry newsletters, R&DWorks and ForWood. In addition, the WoodSolutions newsletter addresses architects, building designers, engineers and others who are involved in specifying the choice of building materials.