Promoting the benefits and use of forest and wood products, in accord with changing community attitudes, environmental awareness and market trends.Discover More
News & Media
On behalf of its members and stakeholders, FWPA supports and manages a wide range of activities through five strategic programs. Here you’ll find the latest news, updates and links to online resources.View All
- FWPA call for project funding proposals February 2016
- WoodSolutions Supports Frame 2016
- Good news for suburban apartment buyers: New timber rule set to reduce e...
- Timber set to rise to eight storeys (and cut costs) under National Const...
- Taller timber buildings Code change set to increase sales volumes for fo...
From stakeholder engagement to industry promotion, events are a vital and valuable communication channel. If you have an industry-related event that you would like listed here, please contact us.View All
Communicating and disseminating the results of research and development projects enables industry to make more informed decisions and adopt best practices.View All
- Industrial heat credits and the Renewable Energy Target (PRA399-1516)
- Improving Thermal Efficiency in Lightweight Construction: mass timber as...
- Carbon stocks and flows in native forests and harvested wood products in...
- Improving Thermal Efficiency in Lightweight Construction: Subfloor Insul...
- Life Cycle Assessment of a 5 Storey Residential Building in Parkville
- Genetic Selection Tools for Enhanced Wood Properties and Plantation Prod...
- Review of new and emerging international wood modification technologies
- Matching genotypes to current and future production environments to maxi...
- Increasing deemed to satisfy height limits for timber construction Cost ...
- The effect of post-treatment machining and accelerated weathering on the...
R&DWorks webinars are invaluable opportunities to catch up with the latest research results and best practice processes. On this page you’ll find links to recorded presentations.View All
Presented by Dr Martin Strandgard, AFORA - University of the Sunshine Coast on Wednesday 6 April, 11am -12 noon (AEST)
The presentation reports the results of a recent FWPA project (PNC351-1415) that included a survey of millers and forest growers regarding the extent to which log scanners are used in the Australian forest industry.
... Read More
Presented by Pollinate (market research) on Wednesday 16th March, 11am -12 noon (AEDT)
This presentation reports the results of a recently completed FWPA funded project designed to understand the drivers of flooring choice and identify unique marketing points to support a planned Australian species promotion campaign.
Tim... Read More
FWPA publishes two industry newsletters, R&DWorks and ForWood. In addition, the WoodSolutions newsletter addresses architects, building designers, engineers and others who are involved in specifying the choice of building materials.