Promoting the benefits and use of forest and wood products, in accord with changing community attitudes, environmental awareness and market trends.Discover More
News & Media
On behalf of its members and stakeholders, FWPA supports and manages a wide range of activities through five strategic programs. Here you’ll find the latest news, updates and links to online resources.View All
From stakeholder engagement to industry promotion, events are a vital and valuable communication channel. If you have an industry-related event that you would like listed here, please contact us.View All
Communicating and disseminating the results of research and development projects enables industry to make more informed decisions and adopt best practices.View All
- Matching genotypes to current and future production environments to maxi...
- Increasing deemed to satisfy height limits for timber construction Cost ...
- The effect of post-treatment machining and accelerated weathering on the...
- The extent and causes of decline in productivity from first to second ro...
- Final Report For Commercial Building Costing Cases Studies – Traditiona...
- Operational deployment of LiDAR derived information into softwood resour...
- Establishing the comparative durability of African mahogany (Khaya seneg...
- Resource Characterization of slash pine plantation wood quality
- Accounting for biodiversity in Life Cycle Impact Assessments of forestry...
- Adaptation strategies to manage risk in Australia’s plantations
R&DWorks webinars are invaluable opportunities to catch up with the latest research results and best practice processes. On this page you’ll find links to recorded presentations.View All
Wednesday 24th June 11.00 am - 12 noon (AEST)presented by Stephen Mitchell, TDA (NSW) and Jeff Vickers, Thinkstep
It’s time for the timber industry to move beyond claims that “wood is good because it’s wood”. This webinar will discuss newly completed Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) and how the credible data they contain can be used by FWPA... Read More
Wednesday 8th April 11.00 am - 12 noon (AEST)
Presented by Andrew Dunn, TDA (NSW)
A recently completed research investigated the cost of timber building versus traditional design for 4 building types, industrial building, 2 storey aged care, 7 storey office and 8 storey apartment building. There was some surprising results.... Read More
FWPA publishes two industry newsletters, R&DWorks and ForWood. In addition, the WoodSolutions newsletter addresses architects, building designers, engineers and others who are involved in specifying the choice of building materials.