Promoting the benefits and use of forest and wood products, in accord with changing community attitudes, environmental awareness and market trends.Discover More
News & Media
On behalf of its members and stakeholders, FWPA supports and manages a wide range of activities through five strategic programs. Here you’ll find the latest news, updates and links to online resources.View All
From stakeholder engagement to industry promotion, events are a vital and valuable communication channel. If you have an industry-related event that you would like listed here, please contact us.View All
Communicating and disseminating the results of research and development projects enables industry to make more informed decisions and adopt best practices.View All
- Life Cycle Assessment of a 5 Storey Residential Building in Parkville
- Genetic Selection Tools for Enhanced Wood Properties and Plantation Prod...
- Review of new and emerging international wood modification technologies
- Matching genotypes to current and future production environments to maxi...
- Increasing deemed to satisfy height limits for timber construction Cost ...
- The effect of post-treatment machining and accelerated weathering on the...
- The extent and causes of decline in productivity from first to second ro...
- Final Report For Commercial Building Costing Cases Studies – Traditiona...
- Operational deployment of LiDAR derived information into softwood resour...
- Establishing the comparative durability of African mahogany (Khaya seneg...
R&DWorks webinars are invaluable opportunities to catch up with the latest research results and best practice processes. On this page you’ll find links to recorded presentations.View All
Angus Carnegie (NSWDPI) attended the annual NZ Forest Biosecurity Workshop in Rotorua in February, which featured presentations from key industry, government biosecurity and science leaders. This webinar summarises the key messages from these workshop presentations, and compares the NZ biosecurity system with Australia's. It identifies some options for the Australian... Read More
Wednesday 8th July, 11.00 am 12 noon (AEST) presented by Dr Elizabeth Dunningham, Scion
Wood modification technologies are growing globally and being imported into many countries around the world, including Australia. Therefore it is timely to consider these technologies and how they could be applied into Australia.
W... Read More
FWPA publishes two industry newsletters, R&DWorks and ForWood. In addition, the WoodSolutions newsletter addresses architects, building designers, engineers and others who are involved in specifying the choice of building materials.