Promoting the benefits and use of forest and wood products, in accord with changing community attitudes, environmental awareness and market trends.Discover More
News & Media
On behalf of its members and stakeholders, FWPA supports and manages a wide range of activities through five strategic programs. Here you’ll find the latest news, updates and links to online resources.View All
From stakeholder engagement to industry promotion, events are a vital and valuable communication channel. If you have an industry-related event that you would like listed here, please contact us.View All
Communicating and disseminating the results of research and development projects enables industry to make more informed decisions and adopt best practices.View All
- Carbon stocks and flows in native forests and harvested wood products in...
- Improving Thermal Efficiency in Lightweight Construction: Subfloor Insul...
- Life Cycle Assessment of a 5 Storey Residential Building in Parkville
- Genetic Selection Tools for Enhanced Wood Properties and Plantation Prod...
- Review of new and emerging international wood modification technologies
- Matching genotypes to current and future production environments to maxi...
- Increasing deemed to satisfy height limits for timber construction Cost ...
- The effect of post-treatment machining and accelerated weathering on the...
- The extent and causes of decline in productivity from first to second ro...
- Final Report For Commercial Building Costing Cases Studies – Traditiona...
R&DWorks webinars are invaluable opportunities to catch up with the latest research results and best practice processes. On this page you’ll find links to recorded presentations.View All
Wednesday 18th November, 11am -12noon (AEDT)
presented by Dr Nawshad Haque , CSIRO Mineral Resources
CSIRO has developed a novel autogenous pyrolysis technology to convert biomass to charcoal or solid renewable carbon products.
This charcoal can be used in a wide range of production industries. This presentation will be ... Read More
Wednesday 30th September, 11am -12noon (AEST)
Presented by, Howard Parry-Husbands, Pollinate
Design life and durability are becoming increasingly important in the building industry in the context of cost, ongoing maintenance, OH&S and sustainability. This FWPA funded research was performed to better understand the expectatio... Read More
FWPA publishes two industry newsletters, R&DWorks and ForWood. In addition, the WoodSolutions newsletter addresses architects, building designers, engineers and others who are involved in specifying the choice of building materials.