Promoting the benefits and use of forest and wood products, in accord with changing community attitudes, environmental awareness and market trends.Discover More
News & Media
On behalf of its members and stakeholders, FWPA supports and manages a wide range of activities through five strategic programs. Here you’ll find the latest news, updates and links to online resources.View All
From stakeholder engagement to industry promotion, events are a vital and valuable communication channel. If you have an industry-related event that you would like listed here, please contact us.View All
Communicating and disseminating the results of research and development projects enables industry to make more informed decisions and adopt best practices.View All
- The extent and causes of decline in productivity from first to second ro...
- Final Report For Commercial Building Costing Cases Studies – Traditiona...
- Operational deployment of LiDAR derived information into softwood resour...
- Establishing the comparative durability of African mahogany (Khaya seneg...
- Resource Characterization of slash pine plantation wood quality
- Accounting for biodiversity in Life Cycle Impact Assessments of forestry...
- Adaptation strategies to manage risk in Australia’s plantations
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Three Selected FWPA
- Predictive relationships to assist fertiliser use decision-making in euc...
- Attendance Report from United Nations Climate Change Conference Warsaw 2...
R&DWorks webinars are invaluable opportunities to catch up with the latest research results and best practice processes. On this page you’ll find links to recorded presentations.View All
Wednesday 8th April 11.00 am - 12 noon (AEST)
Presented by Andrew Dunn, TDA (NSW)
A recently completed research investigated the cost of timber building versus traditional design for 4 building types, industrial building, 2 storey aged care, 7 storey office and 8 storey apartment building. There was some surprising results.... Read More
Wednesday 25th March, 11.00 am - 12 noon (AEDT)
Presented by Nicholas Williams, RMIT University
In this webinar Nicholas Williams from the Spatial Information Architecture Laboratory (SIAL) at RMIT University will present a eries of research projects and proposals demonstrating pportunities for novel timber prod... Read More
FWPA publishes two industry newsletters, R&DWorks and ForWood. In addition, the WoodSolutions newsletter addresses architects, building designers, engineers and others who are involved in specifying the choice of building materials.