Forest Research Manager (New Position)
7th July 2017
Forest and Wood Products Australia (FWPA) seeks to appoint a new Forest Research Manager to improve industry collaboration and maximise the leverage and effectiveness of forest research, development and extension.
The position will report to the managing director and will work in close consultation with the Growers Research Advisory Committee, Program 4 Industry Advisory Group and FWPA’s RD&E Manager, and various interest groups to manage the agreed research, development an extension programs.
The manager will be responsible for the strategic direction and day-to-day management of program with a focus on the following activities:
- Identify national and sector research, development and extension (RD&E) priorities for forest growing
- Coordination of Interest Groups to facilitate the identification and development of investment proposals for forest growing RD&E
- Liaison with key RD&E and service providers to match capacity to identified industry RD&E needs
- Develop and submit investment proposals to external funding bodies to maximise the leverage of RD&E investments
- Liaise with FWPA’s RD&E program manager to maximise coordination and eliminate unnecessary duplication of consultation and investment activities.
- Leveraging existing FWPA contract and administrative systems to ensure that projects and programs are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must have demonstrated experience in strategic analysis, stakeholder management, priority setting and developing investment proposals. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential and experience in group facilitation would be highly desirable.
For more information, please call Ric Sinclair on 0407 329 372.
Innovation and collaboration lie at the core of FWPA’s mission and this can be best achieved through a diversity of backgrounds and thinking styles.