Promoting the benefits and use of forest and wood products, in line with community attitudes, environmental awareness and market trends.Discover More
News & Media
On behalf of its members and stakeholders, FWPA supports and manages a wide range of activities through five strategic programs. Here you’ll find the latest news, updates and links to online resources.View All
From stakeholder engagement to industry promotion, events are a vital and valuable communication channel. If you have an industry-related event that you would like listed here, please contact us.View All
Communicating and disseminating the results of research and development projects enables industry to make more informed decisions and adopt best practices.View All
- Eucalypt MAS: Implementation of marker-assisted selection in Australia’s...
- Socio-economic impacts of the forest industry Western Australia
- Next Generation Timber Harvesting Systems: Opportunities for remote cont...
- Deployment and integration of cost-effective, high spatial resolution, r...
- Increasing Wood Based Office Fit-out for Sustainable Life Cycle Benefits
- ProFert-Pine - A fertiliser tool for softwood plantations in southern Au...
- Reducing costs in the wood supply chain through controlling the moisture...
- Implications of NCC 2016 Changes to Deemed-To-Satisfy (DTS) for Mid-Rise...
- Evaluating the costs and benefits of managing new and existing biosecuri...
- Remote sensing of land-use-specific actual evapotranspiration of entire ...
R&DWorks webinars are invaluable opportunities to catch up with the latest research results and best practice processes. On this page you’ll find links to recorded presentations.View All
This presentation, of a recently published FWPA funded study, investigated the reduction in the costs in the supply chain by controlling moisture content of logs and chips (including woody biomass) through infield drying prior to transport. (PNC336-1314).
Log drying data was collected from small log piles (5-8 tonnes) of E. globulus chip log... Read More
Wednesday 6 September, Presented by Dr Angus Carnegie, NSW Department of Primary Industries
This talk is one of a series arising from a recent FWPA funded study that has attempted to quantify the costs and benefits of forest biosecurity using case-studies (PNC362-1415).
Australia’s forest and wood products industry faces a significant chall... Read More
FWPA publishes two industry newsletters, R&DWorks and ForWood. In addition, the WoodSolutions newsletter addresses architects, building designers, engineers and others who are involved in specifying the choice of building materials.