Forest and Wood Products Australia Limited (FWPA) is a not-for-profit company that provides national, integrated research and development services to the Australian forest and wood products industry.
We are committed to helping the forest and wood products industry to be collaborative, innovative, sustainable and competitive against other industries and products available in the marketplace.
Supporting Innovation and Sustainability
We support research and development that promotes internationally competitive and environmentally sustainable practices. We promote activities that enhance employment opportunities and contribute to growing Australia’s reputation as an innovative producer of high-quality forest and wood products.
Directed by Our Members and Constitution
Our mandate is determined by our members, who comprise wood processors, forest growers, and Australian importers of forest products. We operate within the rules and laws set by our Constitution, the Corporations Act of 2001 (Cth), and a Statutory Funding Agreement (SFA) with the Australian Government. We have a Board of eight Directors and our head office is in Melbourne.
The forest and wood products industry will grow as a result of increased demand for its market-oriented, sustainable and competitive products and services.
FWPA collaborates with government and industry stakeholders to determine strategy and deliver programs designed to grow the market for forest and wood products, increase productivity and profitability across the value chain, and ensure positive environmental and social outcomes.
Diversity and Inclusion Policy
FWPA seeks to have a diverse staff and Board that reflects contemporary Australia society through our Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
All timber industry government levy payers are entitled to free membership of Forest and Wood Products Australia, which works to grow our industry through research & development, market development and information services.
Membership benefits include:
- Free listing on our WoodSolutions website as a supplier; the supplier page is viewed by potential customers more than 100,000 times a year and is searchable by location, materials, products and more.
- Full use of our online library of over 10,000 quality images that members can use free of charge to add to their websites, brochures, presentations and reports etc.
- Free professional development via the WoodSolutions Campus, our newly launched online educational platform developed with the University of Tasmania.
- Free benchmarking information via our Industry Data Dashboard, which provides aggregated industry statistics – using both proprietary and public domain data.
- The right to vote, stand for office and have a say on the future of our industry.
Members and non-members alike can benefit from the other resources we provide, including the world-leading WoodSolutions website which has more than 3,000 pages of information including downloadable resources and technical publications, as well as professional seminars and other events.