New EY Research Report: Megatrends and the Australian Forest and Wood Products Sector
Launched at FRAME Australia on 23 May by Senator the Hon Anne Ruston, an analysis by the global consultancy EY, shows that the Australian forest and wood products sector has significant opportunities, as well as challenges, in response to the five megatrends identified by CSIRO.
The five megatrends outlined by RIRDC and CSIRO are:
- A hungrier world — population growth driving global demand for food and fibre
- A wealthier world — emergence of a new middle class increasing food consumption
- Choosy customers — information empowered consumers demanding particular ethics, provenance, sustainability or health attributes
- Transformative technologies — advances in food and fibre production and transport
- A bumpier ride — changes resulting from globalisation and a changing climate