Hope to see you at the conference!
What is happening to the traditional market appetite for native hardwoods and why? What’s new in offsite construction? How does IKEA’s purchasing policy relate to sustainability? These questions – and many more – will be discussed at the second FWPA/DANA Insights & Outlook Conference in Melbourne on 5 October. Featuring local and international experts, the conference is set to be a thought-provoking learning and networking opportunity. FWPA members receive a $100 discount on registration.
Expert speakers from as far away as Finland and Canada will address global trends and innovations at the upcoming FWPA/DANA Insights & Outlook Conference, which will also examine the Australian construction and wood panel markets.
Following a successful inaugural conference in 2016, the line-up of local and international experts this year is set to make this event a highlight of the industry calendar.
The Managing Director of FWPA, Ric Sinclair, said the conference was designed to help delegates learn from those at the cutting edge of industry, and network with peers.
“In a carbon-focused world, the industry has huge opportunity to innovate and go beyond traditional markets in many areas. It’s a very exciting time – and opportunities to collaborate and get our best and brightest together are of immense value.”
On 6 October, the day after the conference, DANA is separately organising a one-day seminar and field trip covering the Australian hardwood plantation industry, and the hardwood and softwood woodchip-biomass export trade.
Speakers at the conference – to be held at the Sofitel in association with the Australian Timber Importers Federation – will include:
- Senator Anne Ruston, Assistant Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources in the Australian Government
- Duncan Mayes, Vice President of R&D & Innovation at Stora Enso Oyj in Finland
- John Halkett, the Managing Director of Sydney-based Forestlands Consulting and Chief Executive of the Australian Timber Importers Federation
- Art Schmon, Partner of Forest Economic Advisors in Canada, and the executive who spearheaded MacMillan Bloedel’s $150 million commercialisation of Parallam® PSL
- Warren McGregor, the Chief Executive Officer of Australia’s peak industry body for off-site construction, PrefabAUS
- Dennis Neilson, Director of New Zealand based forest industry advisory, publishing, conference and tour organising company DANA
- Robert Pradolin, General Manager of Frasers Property Australia and driver behind the company’s cost-saving foray into timber medium rise construction
- Dr Kate Ringvall, Country Manager, Sustainability Retail, IKEA Australia
- Ian Tyson, the Chief Executive Officer of Timberlink Australia and New Zealand, and Chair of the Softwood Manufacturers Chamber
- Tim Woods, the Managing Director of Industry Edge, a leading data, market analysis and intelligence firm, and Chairman of the Bio-Processing Research Institute of Australia
- Peter Zed, Chief Executive Officer of Omega Consulting, and a highly experienced timber industry executive
- Ric Sinclair, Managing Director of FWPA