National Construction Code (NCC) Proposals for Change update
FWPA had submitted three Proposals for Change (PFC) for consideration by the Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) and each was successful in being incorporated into the draft version of the NCC Volumes 1 and 2. The NCC drafts were available for public comment from 3 June – 2 August 2015).
A range of public comments were received, particularly in relation to the proposal to increase the height allowance of Mid-rise Timber Buildings, (NCC Vol. 1) and these are currently being collated and will be addressed.
In the meantime, a series of technical briefings/presentations were delivered to ensure that all stakeholders were fully informed. These included addresses to:
- Frame Australia – Mid-rise Timber Buildings Presentation
- MFB/CFA Multi Storey Building Symposium presentation
- FWPA Generic Promotions Reference Group - Mid-rise Timber Buildings Presentation
- Pryda – Low-rise and Mid-rise Timber Buildings presentation
- Australian Institute of Building Surveyors (QLD-NT Conference) – Mid-rise Timber Buildings presentation
- MFB Senior Officers – Mid-rise Timber Buildings presentation