Durability industry advisory group – member applications invited
Timber design life and durability activities are an initiative of FWPA to create a robust system that is evidence-based and improves the market opportunities and competitiveness of wood products.
While the scope and specific activities are still to be determined (and prioritised) our approach will broadly comprise:
- Establishing an industry advisory group with individual competencies in R&D, marketing and technical support
- Appointing a suitably qualified program manager
- Leveraging FWPA’s broad range of competencies (R&D, marketing, standards, information analysis)
- Engaging and soliciting potential funding from the chemical companies and other supplier stakeholders
- Structuring an informative research program with possible trans-Tasman involvement
- Developing mechanisms to build and retain appropriate research and technical skills
- Developing a standards regime that is evidence-based, low cost and fit-for-purpose
- Identifying and communicating best practice approaches to the design, specification, installation and maintenance of timber products (both treated and untreated) for end-use applications.